• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to Carpet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jabberbox55

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My landlord charged me $1400 to replace the whole carpet in my apartment. I agree that the living room carpet needed to be replaced, but the 2 bedrooms did not have anything wrong with them. Can they charge me for the entire capet which includes the 2 BR also? I think the carpet was new when I moved in. They said because of the dye they needed to replace the entire carpet and couldn't replace just the living room. Also they said they have pictures but when I asked to see them, they said that they were sent to the corporate office and I could not get them. If they should only charge me for the living room, what can I do to get some of that money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">