• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to fence by neighbors tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mervandmoe

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

After bringing the attention to my neighbor the damage a tree limb did to my fence, she offered to pay half, brother offered to fix it in 2 weeks. Neither had been done after 2 months later I paid for the repair. Her insurance company told her not to worry about it, it was an "Act of God". I can honestly say I do not know weather it was or not, rotting trees line the back of my property. When discovered her brother was cutting down some of those trees. I'm not sure if when he cut the limb the damage occurred or before. Would I have a chance taking this to small claims court? This is not the first time a large limb damaged the fence 7 years ago from a dead tree on her property and she paid me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">