• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to my property - Fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hubb1972

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My neighbor has been preparing his backyard to sow grass. He hired a backhoe operator to help with this, and he also did a lot of the work himself with his own equipment. A day after they finished, I noticed that my fence had been damaged pretty badly right next to where they were working. It will have to be repaired to be useful. We put it up less than a year ago. Estimates to fix are in the 300-500 range. Neighbor was very rude and confrontational when trying to discuss this with them. Local law enforcement came and looked at the damage and talked to the neighbor. I was instructed to file a civil suit. Backhoe contractor came and looked at it but said he did not do it. Actually if he would have hit it I would expect the fence to come down completely. Anyways, my main question is this: I did not see it happen. It seems very obvious to me that they did it but like I said, I did not actually see it happen. I have taken pictures of the damage for eveidence. Do I have a case? Thanks for your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">