• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damages in Dog Feces lawsuits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snoop Dawg

What is the name of your state? NJ

I am suiing dog owners for leaving their dog's feces on my property. Can I sue for damages other than general cleanup? For example, the time involved dealing with the case/cleanups or emotional distress.

You Are Guilty

Emotional distress?!?

I have a much simpler solution. Go out and eat a nice big Taco Bell #7 meal with plenty of "Fire" sauce. Tomorrow, grab a newspaper and head on over to the dog owner's yard. Pop a squat, read the sports section and leave them a reminder that they need to curb their dogs.

I'm betting you won't have any problems again in the future if you do.

JETX

Snoop Dawg said:
I am suiing dog owners for leaving their dog's feces on my property. Can I sue for damages other than general cleanup? For example, the time involved dealing with the case/cleanups or emotional distress.
Man, the court is going to love this one.

Don't take any reading material to court, you likely won't be there that long!!

JETX

rmet4nzkx said:
That really stinks!
Talk about a crappy case!! :eek:

Please keep us updated.
Why?? I can tell you what is going to happen!! Can you say 'Case dismissed' due to lack of jurisdiction? Small claims is for MONETARY damages only.

rmet4nzkx

JETX said:
Talk about a crappy case!! :eek:

Why?? I can tell you what is going to happen!! Can you say 'Case dismissed' due to lack of jurisdiction? Small claims is for MONETARY damages only.
Environmental tort, failure to properly dispose of hazardous waste. They can file in Federal court, in pro se, they should contact Megan for advise ;)

Alias_joe

Hire some kid to clean it up- keep a receipt.
Sue in small claims-
maybe you'll get a few bux$$
bet they curb the dog after that

Also, file a complaint with the local animal control people- nuisance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">