• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damages and items missing....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dvhelp1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tn
I recently was able to return to my home only after a eviction notice of 30 days was served on my ex that was living with me at my home...There was a no contact order that didnt allow me access to my home to get any of my personal belongings even after a request was sent to the judge to do so. When I returned home I did video tape going into the house and noted the first and obvious things missing of mine and damages to the home. When I contacted local police I was told it was a civil matter and for me to make a list of things missing and talk to a lawyer. I had some personal things like gold chains, video camera, tv etc which I did purchase....somethings I did find cancelled checks where I did purchase them... This home is mine and I have deed to it....is she liable for these things missing and damages to the home... Ex did not pay rent but I did ask for it several times but said she never had it to give. How will the judge view this and is it worth my time to pursue it and what is the process?

racer72

You were already told what you need to do.

When I contacted local police I was told it was a civil matter and for me to make a list of things missing and talk to a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">