• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare Contract Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

setlv1

:mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
signed a contract, that was not explained to me before I signed it, stating that I had to give a 2 weeks notice to withdraw my daughter from her daycare inorder to get a full refund. A couple of months later I picked her up from school and she had a black eye, and I felt her welfare was in danger, esp since the daycare had no evidence to support the teachers claim about how the incident occured. (The teachers story about the incident also changed twice) The daycare director stated that she would be willing to give me my money back for the week after I withdrew my daughter and not the week I withdrew my daughter from the daycare. A week later the daycare director changed her mind and told me she would not give me my money back for the week of the incident or the following week since I opted to withdraw my daughter without a 2 week notice, no matter what the reason was. Do I have a small claims suit against the daycare? Did I have to abide by the contract eventhough this was an event that could not be predicted?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">