• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dead beat father medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joseph44

What is the name of your state? We are in Florida.My daughter has been in
Florida for 2yrs with our twin grand childeren, my question is as follow: My
daughter's childeren have accummulated medical bills to approximately$ 3,000.
The court order stated she pays half he pays half.My daughter was worried
she would be lible to pay it all being her name is on any medical forms.We didn't know what to do so we paid his 1/2.He has rec. a bill for the past 4 mon
he has not paid a penny.The whole case is filed in South Carolina.Is it possible that my wife and I can file a claim against the father in Small Claims
court in Florida to collect the money we paid out because he has not paid.One
more thing would he have to come to Florida for the hearing.Thank you for your time sorry this is so long.Thanks again and have a good day!!!!

seniorjudge

joseph44 said:
What is the name of your state? We are in Florida.My daughter has been in
Florida for 2yrs with our twin grand childeren, my question is as follow: My
daughter's childeren have accummulated medical bills to approximately$ 3,000.
The court order stated she pays half he pays half.My daughter was worried
she would be lible to pay it all being her name is on any medical forms.We didn't know what to do so we paid his 1/2.He has rec. a bill for the past 4 mon
he has not paid a penny.The whole case is filed in South Carolina.Is it possible that my wife and I can file a claim against the father in Small Claims
court in Florida to collect the money we paid out because he has not paid.One
more thing would he have to come to Florida for the hearing.Thank you for your time sorry this is so long.Thanks again and have a good day!!!!
If you loaned your daughter money, then you cannot sue someone else to get it back.

Daughter needs to be going after deadbeat.

joseph44

dead beat father

Thanks for the reply judge I have to know can she file here in Florida and
have the hearing in Florida?

JETX

joseph44 said:
Thanks for the reply judge I have to know can she file here in Florida and have the hearing in Florida?
She can file anywhere she wants. However, the defendant has the right to file a motion to challenge the venue she has chosen. If the court agrees (grants the motion), then her Florida case will be dismissed and she will have to file elswhere. If the defendant doesn't challenge or the challenge is denied, the case will be heard in Florida.

mo4

I don't know what Florida law is but we had problems with bill collecting in ID. We moved to NC but still ahd to go to IDaho where orignial court order was made for child custody issues to settle isssues even though child lived in NC most of the time. She can take the husband to family court to pay medical bills if it is for his daughters and he is ordered by court order to pay them. You would have to get a lawyer to do the paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">