• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer will not pay my security deposit receipt attached to "Bill of sale" doc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vdinesh18

Dealer will not pay my security deposit receipt attached to "Bill of sale" doc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law): Texas.

Dealer wont pay our "Bill of sale" amount or Security deposit for the Car we never decided to buy or bought. No Sale!?
Me and my wife went to local dealer whose main business is in Auto repair and Services, thru online marketing Portal we found out that a Car that we really wanted to buy(Pre-owned 2009 toyota camry within $11k) was available with them. So we went to the dealer saw it,liked it and went ahead paid the BILL OF SALE amount to buy it, here in Dallas TX.

I paid $200, he attached the receipt to the "bill of sale" Doc. Later my friend suggested to go to a mechanic and do a 160 or 50 point check before we pay the entire amt of $11k. So the next day after taking the car to another Friend who's a certified mechanic works for TEXACO and inspection: he said that this car has some problems and has been in an Accident which never showed up in the Carfax.

Unfortunately i found out all this after I paid the $200. When I went to them they refused to pay the "Bill of Sale" money, saying that: "we've cleaned the Car for you, waxed it and those bit of Scratches you noticed we took that off for you, Now we can't give that money back spent on this car for you".

I really do not know what to do next. How do i get my money back.. I would appreciate if anybody can help us. Thank you.

The Bill of Sale Document: is something like this.
just a one page document giving the information of the address of the Dealer and the buyer..and includes the following:-

1.Description of the Vehicle sold: has the Stock #..Model..Make..Mileage..and the VIN # in it.
2.Description of Trade in: there's nothing there, as we didnt.
3.Under insurance information: there's nothing entered.. except "LIEN HOLDER".
4.Under Settlement description:
A. Price: $11,000
B.LessTrade allowance -NIL.
C.Difference: $11000 which follows with Sales tax at 6.25%..documentary fee..title fee..dealer inventory tax and they have internet fee..so the Total shows $11,974.89 minus $200(which we paid only) = $11,774 n odd.. Balance remaing: NIL.

In the End of this document it has the following statement:-

A Documentary fee is not an official fee. A documentary fee is not required by LAW, but may b charged to buyers for handling documents and performing services relating to the sale. A documentary fee may not exceed a reasonable amount agreed to by the parties. This notice is required by law.

Purchaser hereby declares that eh/she is of legal age to transact business and that no unfair inducement has been made by seller. This order is not binding until accepted by both buyer and seller. The information you see on the window form for this vehicle is part of this contract. Information in the window form overrides any contrary provisions in the contract of sale.

customer Signatures

Seller's signature and date.

xylene

It is 200 dollars

You decided to walk away, so walk.

Why would you get your deposit back,let alone after signing a bill of sale?

You would sue this dealers backside off if you wanted this car and they had sold it to someone else for more money...

You'll be lucky if you can get out of this deal for the $200 deposit you made on the car. Technically the dealer has a legally binding contract with you to purchase the vehicle and they could sue you for the balance of money due and deliver the car you no longer believe is a good buy. Forget about the $200 and thank your lucky stars that you caught this in the nick of time and the dealer is being kind enough to let you out of the deal.

sandyclaus

Dealer wont pay our "Bill of sale" amount or Security deposit for the Car we never decided to buy or bought. No Sale!?
Me and my wife went to local dealer whose main business is in Auto repair and Services, thru online marketing Portal we found out that a Car that we really wanted to buy(Pre-owned 2009 toyota camry within $11k) was available with them. So we went to the dealer saw it,liked it and went ahead paid the BILL OF SALE amount to buy it, here in Dallas TX.

I paid $200, he attached the receipt to the "bill of sale" Doc. Later my friend suggested to go to a mechanic and do a 160 or 50 point check before we pay the entire amt of $11k. So the next day after taking the car to another Friend who's a certified mechanic works for TEXACO and inspection: he said that this car has some problems and has been in an Accident which never showed up in the Carfax.

Unfortunately i found out all this after I paid the $200. When I went to them they refused to pay the "Bill of Sale" money, saying that: "we've cleaned the Car for you, waxed it and those bit of Scratches you noticed we took that off for you, Now we can't give that money back spent on this car for you".

I really do not know what to do next. How do i get my money back.. I would appreciate if anybody can help us. Thank you.

The Bill of Sale Document: is something like this.
just a one page document giving the information of the address of the Dealer and the buyer..and includes the following:-

1.Description of the Vehicle sold: has the Stock #..Model..Make..Mileage..and the VIN # in it.
2.Description of Trade in: there's nothing there, as we didnt.
3.Under insurance information: there's nothing entered.. except "LIEN HOLDER".
4.Under Settlement description:
A. Price: $11,000
B.LessTrade allowance -NIL.
C.Difference: $11000 which follows with Sales tax at 6.25%..documentary fee..title fee..dealer inventory tax and they have internet fee..so the Total shows $11,974.89 minus $200(which we paid only) = $11,774 n odd.. Balance remaing: NIL.

In the End of this document it has the following statement:-

A Documentary fee is not an official fee. A documentary fee is not required by LAW, but may b charged to buyers for handling documents and performing services relating to the sale. A documentary fee may not exceed a reasonable amount agreed to by the parties. This notice is required by law.

Purchaser hereby declares that eh/she is of legal age to transact business and that no unfair inducement has been made by seller. This order is not binding until accepted by both buyer and seller. The information you see on the window form for this vehicle is part of this contract. Information in the window form overrides any contrary provisions in the contract of sale.

customer Signatures

Seller's signature and date.
Used cars are considered AS-IS purchases unless the seller provides you with a written warranty or guarantee of fitness. Your seller did not do this, so that means you agreed to purchase the car AS-IS. The time to check out the car was BEFORE you agreed to buy it, not after you signed the Bill of Sale and handed over a deposit towards the purchase.

You'll be lucky if the dealer doesn't come after you for their losses for you not following through with the sale as you agreed. it only cost you $200 to find out that the car had problems that would have significantly affected the value you agreed to pay for it, and probably a lot less than the repairs you'd end up having to pay on it once you got the car home.

Just... walk... away.

latigo

Dealer wont pay our "Bill of sale" amount or Security deposit for the Car we never decided to buy or bought . . . . blah, blah . . . . . .
So you visually inspected the car at the dealership seeing no evidence of it being damaged in an accident; liked it; agreed to the seller’s price; signed an agreement to purchase it for that price; took possession; put some unknown mileage on it without detecting any mechanical problems -

And low and behold you later learned that it had mechanical “problems” and had been in an “accident” because your “certified mechanic friend” told you so.

I’m surprised the dealer didn’t return the deposit, plus pay you and your friend for your troubles. What a tearjerker. The rush of sympathy is overwhelming.

And please get off this nonsense that you “never decided to buy/bought the car”!

Did you think the bill of sale was for a $200 a lottery ticket?

jiggy78

You're lucky you're not the one getting sued to backing out.

You learned an important lesson and it only cost you $200.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">