• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer will not pay off pervious car loan.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe2013

Georgia

In late September of this year I traded a car to a dealer to be financed for another car at their car lot. This is smaller dialer ship not like a big ford or Chevy dealer. I was to trade my current car financed by finance company A to the dealership with terms that they are to pay off what's owed on the car loan with finance company A. The company I am financed with the new car finance company B included in my agreement with them that the dealer is to pay off my current car loan with finance company A. This agreement was signed by myself and someone at the dealership. Finance company B has this contract at their location. Months later the dealer has yet to pay off the loan with finance company A. When asked about it I have always been told "it will get taking care of" The car is now up for repossession with no signs of the dealership paying off this loan. The car was also sold to another finance company finance company C which has financed the car with someone else. In short the car that traded as 2 car loans with 2 different finance companies for 2 different people. This seems impossible as the car title is still with finance company A. However this was confirmed as the people that are now making payments are the car live in the same city as I do. This was also confirmed by my county tag office. I provided the VIN number of the car and although I was told they could not give out the name of the car company that is financing this car but she could tell me that it was not the name of my finance company A. After waiting for 4 months it appears I have no choice but to make this a legal matter and I'm wondering what options do I have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">