• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deceptive grocery store advertising can I take them to small court?what evidence will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loriMarie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
the sign says if you buy 6 you get them for 1.47 ech but it dosnt ring up that way even when you buy six.They have known about the problem and did not fix it when I told them about it a second time.Do you think I could take them to court for deceptive advertisings?

RXX is Knowingly false advertising Stouffer’s tv dinners.I told the Manager DP about the problem Friday,I shopped here again Monday and same sign was up and I was still being overcharged. They refunded me $8.59 today but refused to correct the problem and is blatantly still scamming customers. There ringing up as regular price even if you buy 6!

Last edited by a moderator:

CdwJava

I have found that it's usually a programming issue. In chain stores, the prices may not be set locally and if R's regional corporate folks did not set the prices properly, there's not much the local store can do but refund the difference if it comes to light. Mistakes happen. Unless there is a pattern of such behavior, I doubt that any action will be forthcoming. But, if you want to report this potential malfeasance as a public service, then justalayman's advice sounds appropriate - let the AG's office know so they can look into it (if they have the time, resources, and inclination).

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingRon

You being pissed off isn't actionable. They appear to have made you whole monetarily so you have no damages. You can't sue on the fact that they are scamming others. You can certainly report them to the OAG for action https://oag.ca.gov/consumers

Bdrew6

A courts purpose is to make you 'whole' not make you happy. They refunded you the amount in question, there is no issue here. File a complaint with their governing review board, that's about it.

LdiJ

You being pissed off isn't actionable. They appear to have made you whole monetarily so you have no damages. You can't sue on the fact that they are scamming others. You can certainly report them to the OAG for action https://oag.ca.gov/consumers
Actually a report to a local media "consumer help line" often results in these kinds of things getting addressed and made public.

OHRoadwarrior

Report to the Atty Generals Office. If they receive multiple complaints, they will investigate the issue to determine whether it is an ongoing intentional act or just an occasional programming error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">