• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deciding whether to include documentation along with complaint -- mult. plaintiffs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alaska

When filing your complaint, what it is the advantage to including all of your documentation, evidence, affidavits, etc. with it? I would prefer to wait until as close as possible to the actual trial to present this, but is this against etiquette or frowned upon, or damaging in any way to you?

I'm curious what the general rule of thumb is for when to file with multiple plaintiffs. In my situation, I'd like to file with my brother who I traveled to Alaska with, to work for a company that has failed to pay us wages. All of our evidence, witnesses, and experiences are the same. We only differ in our actual figures claimed to a minor degree. Is it smart to file together or may this complicate the case and lead to the judge requesting a separate trial?

A couple more questions, unrelated:

I understand the summons have to be delivered in order to progress a case, yet not necessarily sent at the same time as the complaint. Is there any rule about when they must be sent after filing a complaint?

Can you add a lawyer to your case after the complaint has been filed?

Are witnesses by phone generally allowed if partaking in a case out of state?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">