• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it defamation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Britishsteel

Hi, I am from new york, I am taking a furniture store to small claims court , If I criticize their return policy and call it a scam, would that be considered Slander? { They sent me furniture that was damaged and at first refused to replace it but now they are ,but the quality is not what we were originally shown and frankly I do not wish to do business with them anymore because of it and they refuse to give a refund } I have a court case and now I wish to pass out fliers in front of their store but I do not wish to slander them just state the facts about the fact that their return policy is different from other furniture stores in that you the consumer will not get any refund and I feel it is a scam. Would using the word scam be considered slander?What is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

Hi, I am from new york, I am taking a furniture store to small claims court , If I criticize their return policy and call it a scam, would that be considered Slander? { They sent me furniture that was damaged and at first refused to replace it but now they are ,but the quality is not what we were originally shown and frankly I do not wish to do business with them anymore because of it and they refuse to give a refund } I have a court case and now I wish to pass out fliers in front of their store but I do not wish to slander them just state the facts about the fact that their return policy is different from other furniture stores in that you the consumer will not get any refund and I feel it is a scam. Would using the word scam be considered slander?What is the name of your state?
the real question is how old are you and do you have any intelligence at all? You want to act like you're 12 years old or do you want to win your court case?

Passing out flyers is juvenille. Forget it.

Britishsteel

Is it defamation?

Listen first of all you did not answer my question, second I am not trying to be juvenille just trying to assert some leverage. If you feel it is juvenille then maybe it is ,are you the person I am suing?. Are you a lawyer? Are you qualified to even answer my post. If I pass out these fliers in front of his store and I cannot be sued for slander or defamation then maybe, just maybe the thought of losing business will resolve this immediately. You are not the one who is being ripped off, I am and maybe if you were in my shoes you might feel that whatever it takes within the letter of the law to get a refund is a viable course of action. I did not post to be insulted by the likes of you , I posted to see if I could get a knowledgeable and informative reply to my post. Thanks for trying.

moburkes

Listen first of all you did not answer my question, second I am not trying to be juvenille just trying to assert some leverage. If you feel it is juvenille then maybe it is ,are you the person I am suing?. Are you a lawyer? Are you qualified to even answer my post. If I pass out these fliers in front of his store and I cannot be sued for slander or defamation then maybe, just maybe the thought of losing business will resolve this immediately. You are not the one who is being ripped off, I am and maybe if you were in my shoes you might feel that whatever it takes within the letter of the law to get a refund is a viable course of action. I did not post to be insulted by the likes of you , I posted to see if I could get a knowledgeable and informative reply to my post. Thanks for trying.
Every bit of information that you are given is free. Period. You don't have to like it or appreciate it. Since you pissed off a senior member, your questions will probably not get answered here. Good luck with your lawsuit. Google is your friend.

Did you read before you posted?
FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting or the qualifications of any person responding.

Britishsteel

I am not out to piss anyone off and if being a senior member gives this person who I do not know the qualification of ,the right to insult so be it, I can get the info elswhere and you are right google is you friend and thats how I found this forum. there are others. I came looking for advice not insults and your reply was ooooooooooooooo your in trouble now . That is juvenile!

Britishsteel

NY

I am not out to piss anyone off and if being a senior member gives this person who I do not know the qualification of ,the right to insult so be it, I can get the info elswhere and you are right google is you friend and thats how I found this forum. there are others. I came looking for advice not insults and your reply was ooooooooooooooo your in trouble now . That is juvenile!

moburkes

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the ooooooooooooooo's. You wouldn't be the first to call me juvenile, though, when you didn't hear what you wanted to hear, though.

BelizeBreeze

you have two options then based on your attitude here:

1. pay a real live attorney $200 or more for their opinion, or;

2. do as you wish and take your chances.

I'm not going to tell you which of the two I'd advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">