• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darren2u

What is the name of your state? california

i am currently in the california army national guard reserves, and i do not have a full time job right now. child support is being deducted out of my checks. someone from the contra costa county child support services had told my ex wife that i was a "liar" and that no money had been deducted. i have proof on my check stubs. because i was called a "liar" would that be considered "defamation of character"? those who know me, know i'm not a liar. and why would i lie about something like this? is this grounds for a small claims suit against the person and the county? or would this be a bigger case? i don't know. that's why i'm here. i hope someone can help.

thank you,

darren w.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

darren2u said:
What is the name of your state? california

i am currently in the california army national guard reserves, and i do not have a full time job right now. child support is being deducted out of my checks. someone from the contra costa county child support services had told my ex wife that i was a "liar" and that no money had been deducted. i have proof on my check stubs. because i was called a "liar" would that be considered "defamation of character"? those who know me, know i'm not a liar. and why would i lie about something like this? is this grounds for a small claims suit against the person and the county? or would this be a bigger case? i don't know. that's why i'm here. i hope someone can help.

thank you,

darren w.

My response:

Are you paying the amount ordered each month?

Do you have any child support arrearages against you?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, it's just as I figured anyway. The reason you won't come back is that you're too afraid to admit that you're a goddamned deadbeat.

I knew that from your first sentence.

So, to answer your post, no you don't have a Tinker's chance in hell, because what they're saying about you is true. You're a deadbeat.

IAAL

D

darren2u

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

let's get one thing straight pal. i am not a dead beat. you DON'T know all the facts. if you go back and read, my question was "can i sue for defamation of character for being called a liar" amongst other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

darren2u

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

and another thing. i have better things to do than to sit in front of the computer waiting for a response. so don't even go there.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, well, well. Look what Hexy's cats dragged in!

It took me calling you a "deadbeat" for you to finally write back.

Now, answer my questions, big man.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">