• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defendant did not pay stipulation, now what

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

topaz99

CO, small claims case

Defendant agreed to stipulation to pay 4 payments to avoid trial and judgment. I believe I need to go notify the court, they give him 7 days or so and then enter a judgment or do they do it right away?

Assuming I get the judgment and his is not present to fill out interrogatories, do they mail it to him or can I fill it out. (I know his bank info, SSN, employer, etc). I know he once had a garnishment on his wages from another judgment and he said he could not have more than 1 at a time. Is this correct?

He did not make a single payment or contact me. I (reluctantly) emailed him a reminder when the 2nd payment was due and he stated he was having money problems and would contact me in a few days to work it out but he wanted to avoid a judgment. Not surprisingly I never heard from him. I'm just fed up and don't want to waste any more time on this deadbeat.

swalsh411

He's stringing you alone. Take him to Court.

As far as another garnishment, he can't have more than a certain % (I think it's 20 or 25%) of disposable wages garnished. If he currently has a civil garnishment that is taking that much, and new ones that come in go to the back of the line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">