• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defendent who would like to settle before court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssstmmc

What is the name of your state? il
I was summoned to appear for a medical bill of $406.00. This should have been filed with my insurance, but I droped the ball and now i owe it.

now that i've been served, would it be advised to send the $406.00 into the plantiff?, and if they cash it, does that mean the suit it over?

JETX

Contact the plaintiff or attorney and let them know that you MAY be interested in settling this dispute. The total claimed now may have increased due to legal fees and filing costs. Try to negotiate a settlement and make payment. If you do, then be sure to get a 'PAID IN FULL' receipt and a copy of their dismissal of the suit (and make sure that it was filed with the court).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">