• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delivering a Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midnite007x

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I filed a small claims case this morning, how long will it take the sheriff to serve the defendant?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I filed a small claims case this morning, how long will it take the sheriff to serve the defendant?
**A: why did you not ask the court that question when you filed the lawsuit?
Now ask them.

midnite007x

wow that was rude! how do you know i didn't ask them and the clerk told me "she doesn't know....so there i already asked them

midnite007x

there is no need for the rudeness or sarcasm, this is the first time i have ever filed any court papers so no i don't know EVERYTHING and thought maybe someone would have some good references and knowledge but evidently this web site is contained of a bunch of sarcastic people who have nothing better to do then thing of sarcastic and rude comebacks, i would think that is the purpose of volunteers on this website

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">