• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Demand of Reimbursment Repayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purplemarker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My co-worker recently resigned from a board he used to volunteer for. They now have informed him that he was reimbursed by them (the local association) and their parent (national) association, for a confrence.

This apparently was a mistake made by the parent association. They were supposed to have reimbursed the local association (according to the local association) not the individual. The National Association does not have these rules and does not agree they were to reimbuse the association and not the individual. The local association is now demanding he repay the amount they reimbursed him because of the National Association’s mistake. I have looked at this, he was reimbursed by both associations for this confrence. Is he liable for this amount? If so is it to the national association or the local association.

He made no verbal or written agreements to repay any reimbursments made to him.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My co-worker recently resigned from a board he used to volunteer for. They now have informed him that he was reimbursed by them (the local association) and their parent (national) association, for a confrence.

This apparently was a mistake made by the parent association. They were supposed to have reimbursed the local association (according to the local association) not the individual. The National Association does not have these rules and does not agree they were to reimbuse the association and not the individual. The local association is now demanding he repay the amount they reimbursed him because of the National Association’s mistake. I have looked at this, he was reimbursed by both associations for this confrence. Is he liable for this amount? If so is it to the national association or the local association.

He made no verbal or written agreements to repay any reimbursments made to him.
So, you somehow think it's ok to be reimbursed twice for the same event? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">