• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dental filling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dentalbill

What is the name of your state? PA

My wife went to this dentist for filling gap in the front teath. After the initial examination dentist said the treatment costs $620. My Wife asked the dentist to findout if the insurance covers it or not?. After few days we got call from Dentist that our part of payment is only $120. So My wife got the treatment(filling) and paid $120. Now we get the notice from the dentist office to pay the balance $500, because our insurance did not pay saying the treatment is cosmetic and is not covered. We got upset and called the dentist. He told us that he did not call the insurance to findout if they cover the treatment or not. He simply assumed it.
Now he is showing us the consent form my wife signed that we are responsible for any payments not covered by Insurance.

I want to know if I can argue this in small claims court. I do not have any proof about dentist calling/not calling insurance.

please advice

JETX

"I want to know if I can argue this in small claims court."
*** You, as well as every other citizen, certainly have the right to file in small claims against this person. The problem is.... based solely on your post, I doubt if you will be successful. The problems as I see them include:
- The signed release and
- The fact that this is YOUR insurance company, not the dentists. Therefore you have the final responsibility to verify coverage.
- The fact that you have no proof that the dentist said anything about coverage.

lwpat

JETX is correct as always. You have liitle chance of winning a small claims case. My suggestion would be to try to negotiate a settlement. He may be willing to accept half in order to resolve the problem. Be sure to get a written release.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">