• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Detinue case need help please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA
My best friend died June 2nd 2008, I was her POA. She also had a paper notarized giving me all rights to her body for cremation and deposition so that no next of kin could. I had her cremated and spread her ashes by the wishes she had made. Now here is the question. Her sister has taken out a Detinue for me for the return of her ashes, she feels they belong to her. With this paper I have do I have anything to worry about.
Her sister and boyfriend were abusive and took her medication (she had bone cancer) That is why I was made POA and was to take care of her arrangements. These two people have cause me and my family a lot of trouble, I have had adult protective services come check my mother because of a report my two little boys were abusing her. Then I was reported for inadequate supervision of my 8 and 7 year old boys. The worker spoke to both children and then came to my house to check it out and before she could another report came in that I let one fall out the window. All unfounded. The one on my mom was no name given then the first one on me told them to tell me who they were and that it was payback. I was told that I can petition to get the name. I had warrants taken out on both these two the guy threatened to kill me and he was found guilty the sister accepted the charge and can not bother me for one year. I want to know if there is anything I can do to prevent more of this. My kids are tore all to pieces about all of this. This case is coming up 9-18-08 about the ashes, they have been spread as her wishes so what do I do.
Thanks for any help any one can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">