• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did Plaintiff have insuance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KimberlyD

Indiana

I was wondering how to find out if the plaintiff had insurance at the time of the accident? Since he refused to make a police report, or file with insurance. Instead I get a call the next day, stating I owe him $800.00. Now he is sueing me, because I won't pay. Thanks Kim

racer72

Whether someone has insurance or not is irrelevent in your case. I am assuming this is due to an auto accident. If the person filed a claim with their insurance, there would probably be a deductable and you could be sued for that. Or the insurance company will sue for what they pay out and collect the deductable for their customer. The fact of the matter is, if you can be proven negligent, you will have to pay one way or the other.

wannabelwr

accident

you need to check the law for minimum damage laws. if the damage was estimated at x amount $ you may have been required by law to report the accident. you could both be cited. however insist on his proof of insurance. If he refuses someting would seem fishey to me.

BelizeBreeze

wannabelwr said:
you need to check the law for minimum damage laws. if the damage was estimated at x amount $ you may have been required by law to report the accident. you could both be cited. however insist on his proof of insurance. If he refuses someting would seem fishey to me.
Oh brother.

And I suppose she should ball up her fists, stomp her feet and hold her breath?

Kimberly, file a claim with YOUR insurance. That's what it's for. And if you haven't filed a police report yet, do so now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">