• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disapointed brother!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gojira36

What is the name of your state? florida I recently went back to my mom's house in california to pick up the rest of my toy and comicbook collection with a estimated value of $12,000-$15,000, only to find out my unemployed brother and his girlfriend had pawned all of it and he thinks he's getting away with it. So what is the best way of handling this ,small claims court or do i need to go beyond that.

Shay-Pari'e

You need to have proof that they existed, that you bought them, and they sold them, and that you did not abandon them at your mothers house.

I don't see you winning this, but consulting an attorney is your best option.

stephenk

small claims court limit in California is $7500. If your brother is unemployed what makes you think he will pay any judgment you may win?

seniorjudge

This kind of case is one of the many subgenres of small claims cases.

It arises when the plaintiff leaves something extremely valuable with a renter (or whoever) and then is enraged when the plaintiff comes back and the stuff is gone or damaged.

Strange....:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">