• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Display of alcohol in public state park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronjackson154

Texas.

I got ticket for display of alcohol in public state park in san antonio. Ranger saw bottles in morning laying outside of tent. I am international student in Texas. I looked online and upto my knowledge it is class C Misdemeanors, Parks and Wildlife Code , I am not sure. My questions are-

1.What points I should present in front of judge to fight for ticket?
2.I didnt have valid state Id that time so ranger took orally my name and address so will this thing will appear on my record if I got fined?
3. I am student , will it affect me while filling job application.

FlyingRon

1. What defense do you think have? You appear to be guilty and there's no magic words you can say that will suddenly make the judge dismiss the charges.
2. If you are convicted this WILL be on your record.
3. Asking about convictions is legal in most states (including Texas) and background checks will find any you fail to disclose.

I'd strongly recommend you speak to an attorney. Not only are their criminal issues here, but you have immigration issues that may result as well (and frankly, those on student visas have very limited possibilities for working anyhow, you should speak to your university international student representative of the attorney before you commit further crimes by illegally working).

There's a possibility to have the disposition deferred here, but I'd talk to an attorney before doing anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">