• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorced/credit card debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EVsugarbabe

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

I divorced in May. I had used my husbands credit cards with his permission . He said it was ok since his cards had lesser rate of interest than mine.I signed a check which was written to him and deposited in our bank account.
When we divorced, I only took personal belongings. He kept his truck and I kept my trailblazer. He stated he would pay for all credit card debt instead of givng me cash for my part of the house and 10 acres of land.
Now he is taking me to small claims court to make me pay for some of those bills since we did not actually have it written in the divorce decree. What should I do ? Do I need to hire an attorney . I do not have any extra money. I have a 17 year old from a previous marriage that I am supporting .:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">