• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DJ Breeches Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Larry S

What is the name of your state?Nevada

I currently live in California but recently wedded in Las Vegas. A DJ played our reception but he didn't play the specific songs that we requested. Most of our guests left early because of the music. We informed the DJ that he would only be paid for the time that he spent. As a result he used a collection agency against us.
We are taking him to court but the papers are so confusing. I've called the helpline but to no avail. I just need to know what forms to fill out?
I've already filled out the AFFIDAVIT of Complaint; is that all that is necessary?

Larry S said:
We informed the DJ that he would only be paid for the time that he spent. As a result he used a collection agency against us.
Did you sign a contract with the DJ? Did the contract have in that if he did not pay specific songs that you wouldn't pay him the full amount? Can you prove that your guests left because of the music? Did you speak with the DJ during the dance about the music?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">