• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

britt10

What is the name of your state? South Dakota
I am not sure if I am even in the right area for this question but here goes. My X-wife lives in Deleware. She is a Labratory Tech. I have placement of our children with a court order that states she must go through me for any non emergency care. While my son, age 11, was visiting with her she brought lab supplies and lab equipment home, drew his blood, spun it down in a centerfuge, and stored it at her home for two days before taking it into the hospital where a doctor put in an order for an allergy test and then the test was run. This doctor had never seen my son. It all sounded wrong to me so I contacted the hospital and was told I should contact a lawyer. They would not talk with me about what happened. I just wanted to know what was going on but now I am wondering if I have a case against the hospital since she is an employee of theirs? They seem very close mouthed about the actions.

HomeGuru

britt10 said:
What is the name of your state? South Dakota
I am not sure if I am even in the right area for this question but here goes. My X-wife lives in Deleware. She is a Labratory Tech. I have placement of our children with a court order that states she must go through me for any non emergency care. While my son, age 11, was visiting with her she brought lab supplies and lab equipment home, drew his blood, spun it down in a centerfuge, and stored it at her home for two days before taking it into the hospital where a doctor put in an order for an allergy test and then the test was run. This doctor had never seen my son. It all sounded wrong to me so I contacted the hospital and was told I should contact a lawyer. They would not talk with me about what happened. I just wanted to know what was going on but now I am wondering if I have a case against the hospital since she is an employee of theirs? They seem very close mouthed about the actions.
**A: I would also like to know what is going on. Hospital protocol was not followed.

A

anozira

Hospital Protocaol

That just seems strange to me that she would do it in the privacy of her own home... and even stranger that they would accept this blood that came from who-knows-where and run an alergy test just because your ex asked for it. I would think that there would have to be some kind of protocol that needed to be followed. And it doesnt seem to me like anything was done correctly.
scary.
I'd look into it. definately.

good luck!:)

T

Tercr6

First she is in violation of the court order,you have grounds not to pay.
Secondly,I dont know what the Laws are in your state but if i were you,heres what i'd do:
1) Get the proof that your X wife & the Hospital did this procceedure and How.
2) submitt a complaint to the proffesional misconduct committy of your state ,if they have one.( with names & addresses)
3) contact your states child protective Services,The hospital has an obligation to report activity like that ( at least in my state ).
4) It could be criminal- contact your districts attorneys office to ck.
5) have you let the lawyer that handle your Family court case know ?
In my veiw your X has no right civily or proffessionally to draw blood like that from any person,and the hospital should be in just as much hot water,and IF YOU don't report it yourself,your just as quilty,and could lose your children for failing to protect them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">