• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al125

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Washington, USA

Washington, USA

I am an artist, and about 6 months ago I was contacted by e-mail by two poets. They wrote poems about National Parks of America like Yellowstone, Yosemite and the Grand Canyon, and they asked me to make one painting for each of the park, total of 3. They told me that all of my paintings will be in the book of poetry and they are going to be my agents and market these 3 paintings for me for three years. They were going to use 18 artist for this project and each of the artist should paint 3 illistrations to the poems. Before I agreed to do the work I asked them if they are going to choose the paintings they like the most for the book, and they said that all of the paintings will be in the book, they chose me because they liked my style of painting. We signed contract where they agreed to market the paintings that would be in the book for 3 years. They sent me poems and photos and asked me to paint 3 paintings for Yellowstone park only, after I finished second painting they asked me to paint three more paintings, total of 6, they said that they liked my work very much and that a spread of 6 paintings would look beautiful in the book, so I made 6 paintings for them. They gave me $100 to make professional photos of my paintings and I sent them the photos. Then I received a call from someone who told me that none of my paintings are going to be in the book, because there is not enough room for them (sounds funny). I contacted the poets and they said that they found a sponsor for the book who went through all the poems and paintings and chose which ones are going to be in the book, and that he decided not to use paintings from 5 artists including me. It did hurt very much, to spend my money and time to do the work for nothing... My question is can I count on getting money for the matirials and my work time for these paintings from the poets? I have all the e-mails with their promisses of using all of my paintings in the book, but the contract we signed does not say that they will use my paintings, it only says that they are going to be my agents and market my paintings for me.

Sorry for my English, I hope it was clear enough to understand, and thank you for help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">