• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wannertant

What is the name of your state?california. I recently purchased a course for mold inspections. The company that i bought it from stated that i need to go to their website and submit a resume then i talked to a lady that said if i completed the course and background check, drug test then they would hire me as an independant contractor. well i have done everything that they asked and now they are putting all kinds of additional stipulations. At this point all that i want is my money back but i looked on thier website and under thier terms and conditions they basically say i am out of luck. they also started to charge me for some mebership that i didnt know about. When i looked under the terms and conditions again it says it in there also. When i emailed the company about this(after i left three messeges) they said that if you cancel you cant complete your course because we gave you a discount on it. Which is not the case at all. There is alot more things that they have done but they are pretty devious. If i have a case can i sue in my jurisdictions, i live in fresno and they are in sacramento. Also i didnt purchase the course on the internet. I did it via phone. Any help would be appreciated. thank you. Also this is thier website.Rescom enviromental

JETX

wannertant said:
If i have a case can i sue in my jurisdictions
There is nothing in your post to suggest that they have any liability. Simply, it appears that you were 'noticed' of their terms.... but failed to read them.
What EXACTLY are you claiming??

Complete the course, get your 'certificate' and move on.

BTW, I see nothing on their site promising you a job on completion. They only provide a method for your to APPLY for one.

Last edited:

wannertant

i wasnt aware of thier terms

I wasnt aware of any terms as i ordered over the phone and in the job applicant section of the website it claims that all that you have to do to be offered a job is complete the course and pass a background and drug test.

wannertant

follow up

Also if this is not illegal in some way then i will be a rich man. because ill that i have to do is create a course. Advertise in the help wanted section of the newspaper all over the country for inspectors 18-52 dollars an hour. then when people call in have people sell the course that are supposedly through a different company but is sold and all addresses to the company are the same. And never have any intent to actually doing what they said. I have researched the company a little more in depth and the bbb is saying they have an unsatisfactory rating with them, for the same reason. There has to be something illegal

JETX

wannertant said:
I wasnt aware of any terms as i ordered over the phone
Then how EXACTLY did you hear of this company and their offered courses?

and in the job applicant section of the website it claims that all that you have to do to be offered a job is complete the course and pass a background and drug test.
No it doesn't. There is no guarantee of a job offering. What it DOES say is:
'Res-Com is looking for interested individuals to fill inspector positions in several areas of the country."

and
"Welcome to the Res-Com Services Jobs Page. We are looking for motivated individuals to work for our company in a variety of positions.

Res-Com Services is in particular need of building and air-quality inspectors nationally. We are currently a nationwide company that also serves the Hawaii and Alaska regions. We have formed nationwide partnerships with numerous property management, real estate, title, and insurance companies to expand our company. This in line with the growing economy, increased awareness of the health hazards of toxic molds, and varying weather activity has produced a significant demand for building inspections.

We are always looking for those interested in a career with our company. Whether you are industry certified or are looking for training for a position, we would like to help.

You may submit the online resume using the form at the link below. This will tell us a little more about you and your interest in a position with Res-Com. We will review this information and contact you to discuss a position."

wannertant

it says it at the bottom of the page in the jobs section in the pdf entitled jobrforms.pdf. Again how could i be held to these terms if i ordered over the phone. And again is there anything illegal about advertising in the newspaper in the jobs section saying 18-52 dollars an hour, then with a phone number.

JETX

wannertant said:
it says it at the bottom of the page in the jobs section in the pdf entitled jobrforms.pdf. Again how could i be held to these terms if i ordered over the phone.
In one place you say that you ordered by phone, as an excuse for NOT being held to their disclaimers on the website.
Then, you talk about information at the site.
You can't have it both ways.

And again is there anything illegal about advertising in the newspaper in the jobs section saying 18-52 dollars an hour, then with a phone number.
We would have to see the EXACT ad.

Bottom line.... I doubt you have a case against them. If you disagree, you are certainly free to file a lawsuit (small claims, if within the limit of court). You will have to file in the court in THEIR county.

wannertant

Well i think i am going to file. Whether i when or not i will feel better. I just checked my online banking and they just charged me another 8.74 after i wrote to them and told them that i didnt authorize the first 8.74 they took. The guy wrote me back and said that if you cancel we cant send you out on jobs. do you have any links on how to file a lawsuit. Again i appreciate your help. I figure time is problably more important to them than the 306 dollars they took from me so they may want to settle.

wetseal

Not worth your time

They are a large nationwide consulting firm. They probably have a strong legal team on retainer so it won't cost them any more to defend the case and they'll more likely than not sue you back for a multitude of things that you would not want to deal with. It would probably cost you more time, agony, and money. Just let it go, its not worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">