• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Capricorn11j

What is the name of your state? Georgia
Hi. Recently someone broke an item of mine that I let them borrow. the item cost $150. At first she said that she wanted to pay for it but now she won't. she says that she won't because I "stepped to her in the wrong fashion". In my eyes I didn't and "even if I did" wouldn't she still be responsible for paying fo rsomething that she broke?

Happy Trails

Capricorn11j said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
Hi. Recently someone broke an item of mine that I let them borrow. the item cost $150. At first she said that she wanted to pay for it but now she won't. she says that she won't because I "stepped to her in the wrong fashion". In my eyes I didn't and "even if I did" wouldn't she still be responsible for paying fo rsomething that she broke?
Sue her in small claims court.

Info. link: http://www.davidjreed.com/Small Claims/small_claims.htm

GaAtty

This is where you decide whether or not you want to keep this person as a friend, although it seems that they have already shown you that if they are a friend, they are not a very considerate one. (I am still trying to figure out the meaning of "stepped to her in the wrong fashion" ). I think that you are alleging conversion, which is that she converted your property to her own use. You can, of course, sue her in "small claims court", and in Georgia, that is called Magistrate Court. You should be prepared with some receipt, however, to show the value of the item, and be prepared to lose a friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">