• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adam34996

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Okay, I will try to make this as short as possible.

Back in summer, I was doing some selling on eBay. I had a bunch of dvds listed and was selling a $700 Philips TV. I sold everything and got an email from the buyer of the TV saying they never got it. Shortly after that I got a phone call from a lady that bought one of my dvds. She told me that she also recieved the TV. This was obviously my mistake because I shipped it to the wrong person.

I was thankful and she told me she would call me later in the week to arrange to have it shipped back. In the mean time, I refunded the original buyer for $700 so he didnt have to wait. I also sent her $35 through paypal for the the cost of shipping it back to me. Time went by.... She never called, so I emailed her and she emailed me back telling me that she was advised not to because she didnt want to be responsible for any damages so she said I had to come pick it up. She then refunded $35 I sent her for shipping. She lives in my state but is almost 4 hours away but I had no choice so I agreed.

Weeks go by and she keeps telling me her mom is sick with cancer in the hospital and she would arrange for me to come in a couple of weeks. I was getting angry but I waited a month with no response.

Then I stopped getting any response out of her then I concluded she did not want to give it back. I have had no luck contacting her but I have her information from eBay.

I have printed out all of the evidence I could find, including the TV sale price, emails from her saying she couldnt ship it back ect....

I think my only action is small claims, which I have never done before so I wanted some advice. Do I have a case? I can not let her get away with $700 of mine.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">