• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shiningforce

Sacramento County, CALIFORNIA

My boyfriend and I recently purchased a used vehicle from a private party owner for $2,000. She told us that the only previous damage from an accident required having the driver-side door replaced--only body damage, no engine work--resulting in a salvage title. At the time of purchase, she informed us the only repair necessary on our part is a valve cover gasket that needs to be replaced.

It was driven 5 minutes from seller's home to his house, 20 minutes to the bank, and 30 minutes to my house, all in one day. It remained parked for 5-6 days, then the car broke down just 5 miles from my house.

We've driven it only 3 times in a week and the clutch is burned out. We did not drive the car hard at all. We would like a refund. We plan on contacting the seller to solve this matter informally, but if it comes down to legal pursuit, do we have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">