• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cwalker1029

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I live in South Carolina, however, the person in which I have a dispute with lives in Maryland. I purchased into a mlm marketing program in March of 2006 for $1499, the cost breaks up as follows: $1000 commission for the sponsor and $499 for the program.
The person was to sponsor me in setting up my business and closing my first two sales and they got to keep the first two sales, which is called a two-up, I believe. I have an email from the person saying that they would split the first two sales with me so I would already be making money. I talked with this person on April 9th and we set a time and date to get started the next day at 1:00pm. I called them and no answer. I have called almost every month since then asking for help and I have sent emails with absolutely no response. I have left multiple messages saying that I want my money back. I contacted the company and they said that I had to get the money back from my sponsor since they were an independent marketer of the program. Sponsor has taken my money and ran. Do I have a case in small claims court? Thank you for any for have!!!

that partly depends on the company - if it's an illegal MLM company (which most are) then you're outta luck, as you'd be going into court with "unclean hands"

there are no "Get rich quick" jobs out there - if you want to earn good money, you have to work hard, and be good at what you do.

--Dave.

cwalker1029

The MLM company is not illegal. I have an issue with the independent marketer, not the company itself. The company has done their part. The company told me to take the issue I have up with the sponsor. Do I have A case?

I'm not an attorney, but if I were in your shoes I'd probably file suit and hope for the best. Going on only what you said, and not having all* the facts - It sounds as if they breached their contract, and the company itself is willing to support you in this.

--Dave

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">