• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i have a case??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erika9969

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

just bought a car off craigslist. it was my first car im not to familiar with how title registrations work. when i bought the car i noticed it had a different name than the guy i personally delt with. i asked him about it and he said it was his wife so i let it go at the time. then come monday i call the DMV to register the vehicle n they tell me he needs to register first then transfer over to me. i ask him to do so and he refuses. he says he has nothing to do with it and that i need to contact the previous owner. so i do. she tells me she sold the car months ago and its no longer hers and she as well wants nothing to do with my situation too. my sister in law works for a law firm and she tells me that the car could probably have some defect or possibly stolen so i ask for a refund from the guy and he refuses to give me my money back. am i able to take him to small claims court and if so, would it be worth all the fees or do i even have a chance at winning? i paid 1300 for a 97'.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Duplicate Post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/lemon-law-23/need-help-first-time-car-owner-567767.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">