• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Momo14877

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

About 7 years ago I was pressured by my parents to add them to my cell phone account. They could not open an account them selfs due to the fact that they had bad credit and they did not want to spend the hefty deposit. About 2 years after that I gave my cell phone to my younger bother as a birthday gift because I went with a different carrier. So at that time my mother and brother were paying the bill and I had nothing to do with it besides my name being on the bill. 4 years ago my parents were losing their house due to forclosure and they choose not to pay the bill and opened up another account in their name with the same carrier they were with. So now I get this collection notice in the mail saying I owe 1394.50 to ATT for numbers I never had. Do I have a case againsed my parents to sue them for the money they owe me for their shar of the bill? :confused:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

About 7 years ago I was pressured by my parents to add them to my cell phone account. They could not open an account them selfs due to the fact that they had bad credit and they did not want to spend the hefty deposit. About 2 years after that I gave my cell phone to my younger bother as a birthday gift because I went with a different carrier. So at that time my mother and brother were paying the bill and I had nothing to do with it besides my name being on the bill. 4 years ago my parents were losing their house due to forclosure and they choose not to pay the bill and opened up another account in their name with the same carrier they were with. So now I get this collection notice in the mail saying I owe 1394.50 to ATT for numbers I never had. Do I have a case againsed my parents to sue them for the money they owe me for their shar of the bill? :confused:

Once you pay the bill yourself, yes, you can sue your parents for reimbursement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">