• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a Case against Best Buy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

router

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

Throughout October my family and I ate at McDonalds and collected Best Buy bucks, as well as mailed in for some under the SASE request provision in their rules. To boat we have around $800 in Best Buy Bucks to be used before December 2nd.

Last night, My fiance and I attempted to buy an iPod Nano for $200 (limit is $200 per day), the manager on duty, said that I had too many and I must have stole them, so he refused to sell to me.

I called Best Buy Corporate and they agreed to call the store and tell them they must accept my best buy bucks as the rules state

Section 10 Article C

Invalidity. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. McDonald's restaurant or Best Buy retail store employees or managers are not authorized to modify or amend these Official Rules.
We went back this evening and were once again called thiefs, I called corporate from the store and he once again called the store as I was there. The managers response was they were stolen, I then brought in a bag showing all of my opened envelopes returned from McDonalds (thank god I saved some), she looked at EVERY ONE, (probably 400). She then got back on the phone and was instructed to accept them, when she hung up, she called me a thief again and requested I leave the store.

Redemption rules

Best Buy Bucks are valid for one-time use only and must be used only during normal hours of operation in Best Buy stores located in the U.S. between 10/3/06 and 12/2/06 OR at BestBuy.com between 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time ("CT") 10/3/06 and 11:59:59 p.m. (CT) 12/2/06. Best Buy Bucks may be combined and the cumulative total will be subtracted from total purchase amount of merchandise before the calculation of sales and similar taxes. To complete the transaction, you will be responsible for paying any amount owed after the redemption of Best Buy Bucks. If the transaction is cancelled or merchandise is returned for any reason, all Best Buy Bucks redeemed during such transaction will be forfeited and deducted from the total purchase amount of the merchandise, and you will receive refund or credit for the balance only, if any (subject to Best Buy's standard return policy). If merchandise is returned for exchange, all Best Buy Bucks redeemed during such transaction will be applied to the exchange transaction (subject to Best Buy's standard return policy). Value of Best Buy Bucks may be enhanced for the purchase of select products or services featured in special Best Buy promotions (subject to these Terms & Conditions). Cannot be used toward purchase of certain products and services, including but not limited to, Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Bose® audio products, DIRECTV service, satellite radio service, Cinema Systems, pay-as-you-go phone cards, Digital SLR cameras, High Definition camcorders, HP ink and paper, taxes, state fees, installation fees, delivery fees, third-party purchases, special order items, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, and Magnolia Home Theater products, Bose®, SpeakerCraft, Sonos, Tivoli Audio, ******Logan and Vienna Acoustics. Quantity limits may apply. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Not valid on prior purchases or as payment on your Best Buy credit card. Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. No resale or auction of Best Buy Bucks permitted. No copies accepted. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Best Buy and McDonald's employees are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the MONOPOLY® 2006 Game at McDonald's. See Rule 2 "WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY" for more details. Any misuse or suspected fraudulent use will void Best Buy Bucks. Subject to Official Rules available at www.mcdonalds.com or www.bestbuy.com.

Dandy Don

It would be better for you to pursue this by sending a certified letter of complaint to the CEO of Best Buy (any librarian can help you find out this information or you could a web search through GOOGLE to find out the information) AND to the company listed in the official rules that is handling this promotion. IF company is responsible, they will get back in touch with you with specific directions about how to redeem your coupons the way you want to use them. You also need to scrutinize the rules very closely to make sure you are not doing something that is an exception to the rule, but from what you have described you have done nothing wrong. Since there is such a quick deadline, you may want to call the Best Buy headquarters CEO/customer service line yourself. If they won't respond, then you have grounds for a small claims court case.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">