• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case or am I wasting my time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

always655

California

I was staying at an extended stay for about 3 weeks out of the one month I had originally booked for. On the 3rd week I started getting bug bites. Each night that I slept there dI would get new bites. They were extremely itchy so it caused me to lose sleep for days. I had requested to change rooms twice and also asked to speak to the manager twice. I was told manager is in meeting and the place was too full to move me. Their insurance company said they will not pay the claim because Orkin was unable to find anything. I have photos of my bites as well as a doctor's note. I also have one eye witness that saw me smash a bug while we were moving out. If I take them to small claims will I have a case?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
California

I was staying at an extended stay for about 3 weeks out of the one month I had originally booked for. On the 3rd week I started getting bug bites. Each night that I slept there dI would get new bites. They were extremely itchy so it caused me to lose sleep for days. I had requested to change rooms twice and also asked to speak to the manager twice. I was told manager is in meeting and the place was too full to move me. Their insurance company said they will not pay the claim because Orkin was unable to find anything. I have photos of my bites as well as a doctor's note. I also have one eye witness that saw me smash a bug while we were moving out. If I take them to small claims will I have a case?
So you got NO bug bites for the first two weeks you were there and staying at their hotel? It was only in the third week? What evidence do you have that it was THEIR hotel that was to blame? The doctor cannot state that the hotel is to blame. You could have brought the bugs in with you.

always655

Response

Because I didn't sleep anywhere else and I only got them when I slept. There was a bug that was on my brand new lunch bag that was placed on the ground overnight before use on the second day I was there. I didn't think it was a big deal so I just killed it and carried on for the next few weeks figuring I'd be out of there soon anyhow.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Because I didn't sleep anywhere else and I only got them when I slept. There was a bug that was on my brand new lunch bag that was placed on the ground overnight before use on the second day I was there. I didn't think it was a big deal so I just killed it and carried on for the next few weeks figuring I'd be out of there soon anyhow.
You cannot prove that the bugs were not brought in by you or your belongings and you didn't get bug bites until the third week you were there. The hotel called in a professional who found nothing. Hence, you would be wasting your time pursuing this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">