• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have a Case? Breach of Contract for Music tour

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

latvian

from New York State
HI I am interested in suing a music contractor for breach of contract. Basically it involves the fact that I signed a contract for a European tour of 3 concerts, and then when we got the final itinerary the day before leaving, it said 4 concerts, not to mention one was televised(not mentioned in the original contract, usually there is extra money for this type of thing), and much of the travel was, i think, purposely misrepresented. I have both the original contract and the actual written itinerary. Since the original contract was 1800 for 3 performances, I am asking for an additional 600 for the extra concert and 400 for the televised performance. Does anyone think I have a legitimate case? I have both the text of the original contract and the final itinerary if anyone wants to look.
Usually the musician's union deals with stuff like this, but this is a non union job and the union usually only deals with Broadway and Orchestral jobs, or recording stuff.:(What is the name of your state?

SHORTY LONG

You should hire an Attorney especially when a Contract is involved!
A Contract normally is never cut and dry to a lay person. Case and
point, your post., no disrespect to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">