• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case? what can i do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennbio

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Two years ago, 4 people decided to buy a deeded timeshare in FL. Now 2 of the 4 don't want to pay their payments every month and are leaving it up to my husband and I. The bill has been going to my house and deducted from my husbands credit card every month, a check from our bank pays the credit card bill. The two, my husbands brother and fiancee, refuse to pay us anymore for it. My husband is ok with that and wants it for himself, but I don't want to be responsible for a 15,000 loan by ourselves and I want them to pay. All four of us are on the loan & deed still. What can I do?

seniorjudge

You need a lawyer.

Then the two who want out need to deed to the two who want to stay in and then the two who stay in will need to refinance.

jennbio

I don't want to have a 15,000 dollar loan left on the two of us. I don't mind a 7,500 loan. Plus property taxes are coming up and I believe its going to be 600 dollars + the monthly 300 for january. Can I legally force them to pay their share? It's a difficult situation beucause it's my husbands brother.

seniorjudge

I don't want to have a 15,000 dollar loan left on the two of us. I don't mind a 7,500 loan. Plus property taxes are coming up and I believe its going to be 600 dollars + the monthly 300 for january. Can I legally force them to pay their share? It's a difficult situation beucause it's my husbands brother.
Now you are changing your tune. Your first post said:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Two years ago, 4 people decided to buy a deeded timeshare in FL. Now 2 of the 4 don't want to pay their payments every month and are leaving it up to my husband and I. The bill has been going to my house and deducted from my husbands credit card every month, a check from our bank pays the credit card bill. The two, my husbands brother and fiancee, refuse to pay us anymore for it. My husband is ok with that and wants it for himself, but I don't want to be responsible for a 15,000 loan by ourselves and I want them to pay. All four of us are on the loan & deed still. What can I do?

NOW (since you've decided you want something else), you will need to file a partition suit. It will take three years (if quick) and $30K (if cheap). The court will literally sell the place on the courthouse steps and you (or me or anyone else) can buy it (along with whatever liens are on it).

And, yes, you need a lawyer ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">