• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have claim?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tropicalily

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I invested in someone's company, but they are refusing to return my principle investment without me sending them my copy of the original agreement. Unfortunately, I lost the original agreement. When I filed a complaint with the BBB, their final reply was "prove it" -- meaning prove that I invested. I have phone records, e-mails and a copy of that dividend check. It was stated in the contract that I would receive monthly dividends. I received one, but because I filed a complaint with the BBB, they are holding back on sending me future checks because I threatened them with legal action. The message that I received was if I respond to them that I'm not going to harm/make trouble for their company they will issue the dividend check(s). Now that does not mean they are going to return my initial investment. Do I have a case to take to take to small claims court? I have done the paper work and tried to have them served on them, but it was the wrong address. :mad: What are my chances of winning? Are their practices legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">