• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I have to give up my dog?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trake

What is the name of your state? IN

My boyfriend and I bought a dog together and now that we have broken up he wants to share her like a child. He even drew up papers that he wants me to sign like a child custody case. I haven't signed anything as up yet. Now I have had the dog by myself for the last 6 weeks. I have always been the one to spend the money on her and take her to the vet. I have primary care of her. I do not want to share her at all. What can I do? And does he have any legal right to her?

HomeGuru

Trake said:
What is the name of your state? IN

My boyfriend and I bought a dog together and now that we have broken up he wants to share her like a child. He even drew up papers that he wants me to sign like a child custody case. I haven't signed anything as up yet. Now I have had the dog by myself for the last 6 weeks. I have always been the one to spend the money on her and take her to the vet. I have primary care of her. I do not want to share her at all. What can I do? And does he have any legal right to her?
**A: dog gone it, offer to buy him out and show him the money. His bark may be worse than his bite.

JETX

Do you have proof that you "bought a dog together"?? Whose name is on the reciept?? Who paid for the dog??

O

one1moment

Neice and BF did the same

Neice and BF broke up(dog cost 2500.00+ expenses)

They actually had papers written up including primary residential care giver etc... ( had papers notorized but not filed in court, would have loved to see that though)

Well she was residential, all went according to the agreement for a while but he soon lost interest when he got new GF and the dogs did not get along.. There is a lot more but I will spare you..

Good Luck

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">