• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to go in person to alhambra CA to sue a business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vikasintl

WA USA

A business in Alhambra CA has cheated on me and do I have to go there in person for small claims court?
I asked pierce county WA (where I live ) they said you can not sue CA based business in WA state.
Is there any other option than going in person to CA?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suggest you rent a tank if you're thinking of driving anywhere in Alhambra. Very scary drivers... very scary!!!

I know, I grew up there:p

Oh yea ~ Go Moors!!!
The worst drivers in the LA area? Glendale (by FAR). I would rather drive ANYWHERE ELSE in LA/Riverside/Orange/San Bernardino counties than in Glendale.

CourtClerk

The worst drivers in the LA area? Glendale (by FAR). I would rather drive ANYWHERE ELSE in LA/Riverside/Orange/San Bernardino counties than in Glendale.
I'm gonna have to agree with you about Glendale... I've driven through Alhambra and didn't see my life flash before my eyes.

Glendale on the other hand??? Never once have I had a decent experience.

Lets not stray from the OP's issue folks....

As far as suing in your home location; it would depend on the facts & circumstances involved (if they came to your location & collected $$ there then you may be able to file locally). You can check with the clerk's office again or go to google scholar for more information.

Alternately, you may wish to file in regular court ... the costs may be the same when you take into account the gas ... if possible.

Antigone*

Heck, I'd send my 16 year old to LEARN in Monterey park before I'd send my experienced father down Brand... :D :p
If you do send her down Brand, make sure she stops at Porto's Bakery. It is one of the only reasons I visit Glendale (will that's a bit of a fib ~ work takes me there even now and then)

IGB ~ You are so right about Monterey Park. Nothing like the corner of Garfield and Garvey to ruin your day.

W

Willlyjo

I suggest you rent a tank if you're thinking of driving anywhere in Alhambra. Very scary drivers... very scary!!!

I know, I grew up there:p

Oh yea ~ Go Moors!!!
Times must have changed in the last half century since you grew up there because I currently go to Alhambra frequently and the drivers there are very reasonable compared to Lomita, Gardena and Buena Park.

I guess you never drove anywhere out of Alhambra have you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">