• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a leg to stand on?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RickHMuller

What is the name of your state? CO

In 1998 I purchased my home. In 1999 I landscaped the backyard. During the landscaping, I placed red crushed rock on the outside of my fence between a jogging path and the fence. The land where I placed the rock was then owned by the developer or the city (unclear?). I think it was the developer. Between 1998 and 2000 the land ownership changed to the city. Recently I received a call from the police indicating that the crushed rock needs to be removed, they claim it is damaging the equipment.

1) If the land was owned by the developer can I argue that it's the cities problem now?
2) Is there a time limit associated with this kind of thing? It has been 4 years.
Thoughts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">