• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a worhwhile case??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhanks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I purchased a used cellphone on craigslist.com and checked it out at time of purchase and all was fine. After using for a few days, I went to charge and battery would not charge. I paid $40.00 for phone and was wondering if small claims court would be worth the hassle? The ad did not mention that phone was in any kind of shape, all that was advertised was what type of phone was for sale.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I purchased a used cellphone on craigslist.com and checked it out at time of purchase and all was fine. After using for a few days, I went to charge and battery would not charge. I paid $40.00 for phone and was wondering if small claims court would be worth the hassle? The ad did not mention that phone was in any kind of shape, all that was advertised was what type of phone was for sale.
You have no case - buy a new battery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">