• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i need photos in an accident case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hmmm84

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am suing a person who rear ended me on my motorcycle. She had no insurance and hangs up on me when I try to call and settle. The police reports states $200 of damage because it looks like scratched paint at first but now two independent shops have estimated damage at around $4,000. My question is: Should I bring pictures to court of the damage? I think the judge might reduce the award when he sees that the damage just appears to be scratches so I don't really want to use pictures as evidence. Will two estimates be enough evidence? Thanks for any insight.

dcatz

The estimates are sufficient. If the police report indicates probable liability, take that too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">