• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I take this to small claims court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LMTaylor

I cancelld a gym membership back in October 2007. I jut realized two days ago that the $19 i still being taken out every month. The gym has been sold and renamed a couple of times. I just want my money back. I have proof that I did cancel.- CALIFORNIA

Last edited:

justalayman

it took you 3 years to realize somebody was taking $19 a month from your checking account?

have you spoken to the club? That is usually a good start in situations such as this.

LMTaylor

I did not realize. I used to eyeball my account and not account for every exact penny.I started oline banking and noticed what was going on. I did call them an explained to them that I did cancel and I had the cancellation paper as poof. I told them that I did understand that the gym has had 2 prevous names and wentout of busniess, but the gym that is open and charging me owes me for what they have stolen. I never autorized this gym to take funds. They told me that they just took over for the gym that went out of business. What do I do??

Hot Topic

You can send a letter via certified mail, return receipt requested notifying the current owners that you're (again) cancelling your registration. You're not entitled to any money back. Your story about not realizing that you were being charged is nonsense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">