• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do my sister have an case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drv2001

What is the name of your state? ohio

my sister who is 17 just graduated from high school in june. we believe my cousin who is also 17 and who was visiting from california destroyed her graduation things. including $300 in grad pictures, they were either cut up or had clear or dark blue finger nail polish on them also a picture from 8th grade prom that was highlighted all over it. a $50 dress that she wore to graduation that was cut from top to bottom. and her grad cap that was cut. my sister also had a miscarriage when she was 15 and keep the ultra pictures for memories. those pic were scratched out to the point where you can't see anything. the only proof we have that my cousin did it is that she was the only one in the house capable of doing it. the only people in the house at the time was my father, my handicapped sister, my cousin and her 6 year brother. is that enough proof? do my sister have a case?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

drv2001 said:
What is the name of your state? ohio

my sister who is 17 just graduated from high school in june. we believe my cousin who is also 17 and who was visiting from california destroyed her graduation things. including $300 in grad pictures, they were either cut up or had clear or dark blue finger nail polish on them also a picture from 8th grade prom that was highlighted all over it. a $50 dress that she wore to graduation that was cut from top to bottom. and her grad cap that was cut. my sister also had a miscarriage when she was 15 and keep the ultra pictures for memories. those pic were scratched out to the point where you can't see anything. the only proof we have that my cousin did it is that she was the only one in the house capable of doing it. the only people in the house at the time was my father, my handicapped sister, my cousin and her 6 year brother. is that enough proof? do my sister have a case?

My response:

English 101 - -

It's not "do my sister have an case?" or "do my sister have a case?"

The proper wording is, "Does my sister have a case?"

No. Not if Cousin denies it. You see, there were too many other people in the house, including a mischievous 6 year old child.

What would be cousin's motivation for doing these things, anyway?

IAAL

D

drv2001

What would be cousin's motivation for doing these things, anyway?
I am guessing, since only my sister grad things were damaged that my cousin is jealous. She is 17, a previous runaway, and a high school drop out. On the other hand, my sister has graduated and is off to college. My sister and cousin had also been arguing because my cousin disrespected my mom during a church event we attended.

there were too many other people in the house, including a mischievous 6 year old child
My cousin was suppose to be babysitting her younger brother so isn't she liable for anything he does. Futhermore, since they both are minors isn't their mother responsible for the damages.

H

hexeliebe

No.

No.

No.

No.

Tell your sister to spend a few Thousand dollars bringing in your cousin for a court hearing. Then come back and tell us how it went.

You'll lose and have to pay the cousin's legal fees.

DROP IT!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">