• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does this Apply?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FrancesH

What is the name of your state? California

I don't know if this is a small claims case or a criminal case.

In a nutshell: We bought my son a car for $1,900.00 - with the understanding is was his car, but that his girlfriend could drive it for doctors appointments and such. She has 3 kids and we were being helpful.

I filled out the release of liability myself in my son's name only - not hers. We come to find out (after she had been sent to rehab) that she went to DMV and put the car in her name only, nowhere does it list my son. She has hidden the car, won't pay us for it and will not give it back. She's has 2 strikes against her for forgery. Would this be a 3rd and be a criminal issue?

Once she gets out of rehab I will not know how to contact her.

Help!

seniorjudge

FrancesH said:
What is the name of your state? California

I don't know if this is a small claims case or a criminal case.

In a nutshell: We bought my son a car for $1,900.00 - with the understanding is was his car, but that his girlfriend could drive it for doctors appointments and such. She has 3 kids and we were being helpful.

I filled out the release of liability myself in my son's name only - not hers. We come to find out (after she had been sent to rehab) that she went to DMV and put the car in her name only, nowhere does it list my son. She has hidden the car, won't pay us for it and will not give it back. She's has 2 strikes against her for forgery. Would this be a 3rd and be a criminal issue?

Once she gets out of rehab I will not know how to contact her.

Help!

Call the cops....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">