• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does this guy have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fxh_legato

California.

So here is what happened, I work at a fast food restauraunt. (jack in the box) I was working the graveyard shift. And two men came in through the drive-thru, both extremely drunk and belligerent. They were honking theyre horn and being extremely rude. And while i was making theyre food they were spitting on my drive-thru window, and jamming coins into our credit card reader. I asked them to leave. But instead of leaving they drove around to the front of the restaurant and started throwing beers cans (full ones not empty) at my truck and the front door to the restaurant. So i grabbed a metal pipe and when out into the parking lot to see what was going on. They then tried to drive away almost hitting me with theyre car in the process. I jumped out of the way and took a swing and broke the tailight and dented part of the trunk. I called the police but they never showed. Its been almost a month now and the brother of the guy wants me to pay the damages done to his car. Any help would be appreciated.

John_DFW

While you are not in the right, the fact that they are not pure as the driven snow might well mean they do not want to pursue it in court.

I would not communicate with them at all. If you are served, you will obviously need to answer the petition and appear in court.

If there is damage to your vehicle, you could counter sue for those damages.

Video surveillance of the incident might help your case.

You have probably violated company policy and could lose your job over this, which may make obtaining the video tape problematic for you.

You can walk into the police department and file a written complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">