• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does he have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgdburnt

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My ex-fiance is trying to sue me to get the ring back that he gave me in Feb of 2004. I gave the ring back when I moved out in March of 2004, but he brought it back up to me at work and told me he wanted me to keep the ring. I also left it in his truck after that and he gave it back to me again. He ended up asking me for it back in Jan. of this year, and I no longer have the ring...I sold it since I thought it was mine since he gave it to me a number of times. When he gave the ring back, we weren't planning on reconciling so there was no intention on either end that we were to still get married. Does he have a case at all? What is the law in Indiana on having to return the ring?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">