• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Plaintiff get more time to file evidence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

critter3

RE: Superior Court of Justice, Ontario, Canada - Small Claims Court.

A mandatory Settlement Conference was scheduled for Oct. 28, 2008. Both parties were required by law to file with the court and serve all concerned parties with ANY/All documents to be used at trial - 14 days before 'That' Conference. WE, the defendant's did so - the Plaintiff did not.

We attended the Conference - because nobody informed us -that HIS lawyer was to be the JUDGE that day and a Conflict of Interest meant the Conference had to be ajourned to a later date. The Plaintiff was obviously informed ahead of time of this 'Conflict of Interest', because he did not attend the court that day.

Does anyone know whose job it is and how long beforehand a party MUST be to informed of a 'Conflict of Interest?'
Does the Plaintiff now have more time to file evidence? [longer than we did?]
How do we fight this injustice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CourtClerk

Why did you ignore the statement that was on the top of the box when you posted... part of it included (only U.S. law)?

That means... we deal with US LAW ONLY here on this board.

critter3

Why does this site's homepage showup on Pages from Canada?

I did not ignore, but rather chose to ask a question that PERHAPS someone out there could help me with.

That YOU cannot doesn't mean someone else can't or won't.

Sorry you wasted your time. Sorry I also wasted mine with you.

Thanks for your snideness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">