• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog attacked my dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carollinden5000

California
I recently moved into a house with my dog. The roommate there had 2 dogs and everyone seemed to get along. The second day I was there we took them to the beach and my dog and her larger dog started fighting over a frisbee which ended up with my dog getting a puncture wound in his arm which led to a drain and stitches and two weeks of healing. After that my roommate insisted on hiring a behavioristbut I wanted to just move. My dog is like my son and I can't have anything happening to him. She insisted on hiring a behaviorist so I played along thinking that something could be learned. He assessed that her dog was possessive of toys and pretty much anything, even sticks, etc. and that my dog was not the problem. All throughout this time I would have my dog picked up during the day when I was not at home because I couldn't bear the thought of something happening and no one being there. They seemed to get along while being supervised until a small altercation this past week which was when we decided to separate them full time and I had been looking for apartments. Last night my roommate was letting out two of the smaller dogs from her room when the larger one got out because she wasn't paying attention. All of a sudden her dog attacks my dog and I can't get them off of eachother but eventually they are separated and it was a blood bath. I took my dog to the emergency room and he now has 4 drains in his legs, stitches everywhere and is one medication for at least the next 3 weeks. Some of his skin could expire as well which would of course lead to more surgery. So far the bill is $1600 plus my puncture wound from her dog as I tried to break them up. Her dog has some bites on his ears but otherwise was in and out of the vet and back home in no time jumping around. I know this because I went home while I waited for 8 hours for my dog to get out of surgery to get clothing and everything that I needed in the immediate future to stay at an extended stay with my dog, I am not going back there other than to get my stuff and certainly my dog is not ever going back there. I will find a studio for just him and I. Do I have any ground to proceed with a case?

If I were a jurist, I would say that it's a dog eat dog world ... you shoved your face into two fighting dogs .. it was your choice .. I would not give you anything.

But I hope you and dog are fine.

Banned_Princess

California
I recently moved into a house with my dog. The roommate there had 2 dogs and everyone seemed to get along. The second day I was there we took them to the beach and my dog and her larger dog started fighting over a frisbee which ended up with my dog getting a puncture wound in his arm which led to a drain and stitches and two weeks of healing. After that my roommate insisted on hiring a behavioristbut I wanted to just move. My dog is like my son and I can't have anything happening to him. She insisted on hiring a behaviorist so I played along thinking that something could be learned. He assessed that her dog was possessive of toys and pretty much anything, even sticks, etc. and that my dog was not the problem. All throughout this time I would have my dog picked up during the day when I was not at home because I couldn't bear the thought of something happening and no one being there. They seemed to get along while being supervised until a small altercation this past week which was when we decided to separate them full time and I had been looking for apartments. Last night my roommate was letting out two of the smaller dogs from her room when the larger one got out because she wasn't paying attention. All of a sudden her dog attacks my dog and I can't get them off of eachother but eventually they are separated and it was a blood bath. I took my dog to the emergency room and he now has 4 drains in his legs, stitches everywhere and is one medication for at least the next 3 weeks. Some of his skin could expire as well which would of course lead to more surgery. So far the bill is $1600 plus my puncture wound from her dog as I tried to break them up. Her dog has some bites on his ears but otherwise was in and out of the vet and back home in no time is jumping around. I know this because I went home while I waited for 8 hours for my dog to get out of surgery to get clothing and everything that I needed in the immediate future to stay at an extended stay with my dog, I am not going back there other than to get my stuff and certainly my dog is not ever going back there. I will find a studio for just him and I. Do I have any ground to proceed with a case?
with a case of what. you are going to have to ask a better question, because ". Do I have any ground to proceed with a case " is too open ended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">